Under data protection laws, Charles Somers Locations Limited (company number: 07226514) who's registered office is at Quayside House, 5 Highland Terrace, Tiverton, EX16 6PT (we) are required to provide you with information about how we collect and use your personal information.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use your personal information.
1. The kind of information we hold about you: We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
Contact information and details about your property. We collect personal contact details such as your name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, personal email addresses.
Financial information. We collect financial details we need to provide remuneration to you for your services such as bank account details
Production information. We collect information related to our productions such as floor plans, photographs, and recordings made in connection with the film or programme and social media handles.
2. How is your personal information collected:
We collect personal information directly from you and your representatives and professional advisors, and details related to your work from other members of our personnel.
3. Purposes for which personal information will be used:
The main purposes for which we use your personal information are: (i) assessing your the suitability of your property for the relevant production, (ii) to manage our working relationship with you, (iii) to comply with our obligations to you such as to pay you and administer the contract we have entered into with you, (iv) for production purposes including developing, producing, publicising, and exploiting the relevant production, (v) for equal opportunities monitoring, (vi) for legal and regulatory compliance purposes, for example, to ensure compliance with health and safety requirements and other legal or fiscal obligations, or in connection with litigation or an internal investigation or audit.
4. Legal basis for processing: We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we collect and use your personal information. Generally, we will be processing such information in order to perform the contract between us. We may also process certain personal information based on your consent (for instance if we want to add you to our mailing list to contact you about future productions) – in these cases you can withdraw such consent at any time. We may also process your personal information to comply with our legal obligations or because it is in our legitimate business interests to do so (for example, where it is necessary for business management and planning). We need to have further justification for collecting and using your “special category” information (as described above). We process special category information (i) where we need to carry out our legal obligations or exercise rights in connection with your engagement including as required to ensure safe working conditions on set, (ii) where it is needed in the public interest (iii) in limited circumstances, with your explicit consent, (iv) less commonly we may process “special category” information to protect your vital interests (or someone else’s) in the event you are not capable of giving your consent or where it is needed in relation to the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. Where we process criminal records in relation to certain roles, we do so on the basis that such processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest under applicable laws.
5. Where personal information is stored: We are based in the UK. However, in certain circumstances, as set out in this privacy notice, information that we collect about you will be sent to and held in countries outside of the EEA, such as where we share this information with any applicable parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities (our Group), with our partners (such as the distributors of the production), or where we work with suppliers and service providers that are either based outside of the EEA or have servers based outside of the EEA. Countries outside of the EEA protect information differently, and so where we do transfer your information outside of the EEA, we will take all legally required steps to ensure that it is adequately protected and used in accordance with this notice, including but not limited to relying on any appropriate cross-border transfer solutions such as the European Commission's Standard Contractual Clauses. If you require further information about these protective measures, please contact us using the contact details set out at the end of this notice.
6. Who personal information is disclosed to: We will share your personal information within the Group in connection with other productions as well as regular reporting activities on company performance, in the context of a business reorganisation or internal restructuring exercise, and for internal administrative purposes. We will share your personal information with third parties such as our service providers and partners (such as the distributors of the production), where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you, manage our productions and business needs, or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so (for example, we are required to do so under a contract with such third party). Finally, we may disclose your personal information to other third parties (i) when required to do so by law, (ii) in response to a request for assistance by the police or other law enforcement agency, and/or (iii) to seek legal advice from our lawyers or in connection with litigation.
7. How long personal information is stored for: We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Where we have collected the personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will delete your personal information.
8. Your rights: You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These rights are not absolute and only apply in certain circumstances. These rights include: the right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to rectify, erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details below. You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. In the UK, the data protection authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (https://ico.org.uk/).
9. Changes To This Privacy Notice: We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time.
10. Contact: If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact Charles Somers (email@example.com).
Date of last update: 10th March 2023